Re•new•all Capital Campaign - Building Plans
2015 - 2018
Rennovated Lower Camp Center
Price - $500,000
Rationale – The camp centre currently serves as a gathering place throughout the summer. It is one of our better built buildings. Winterizing this building will enhance our ability to host retreats throughout all seasons, addressing our current limitations in providing food services during the off-season.
• Winterizing significantly enhances our ability to host retreats and events throughout all seasons
• Two story addition to provide wheelchair accessible washroom/shower on the 1st floor
• Renovated men’s and women’s washrooms;
• Expanded and renovated kitchen enabling us to serve groups exceeding 100;
• Wraparound porch
New Front Washroom
Price - $208,000
Rationale – The entrance washroom is one of our most used buildings, supporting the Brook Kidron trailer and tenting area, supporting activities that take place on the sports field, and being the “first stop”, and “last stop” of most visitors to the camp. A new structure will serve us well into the future.
• Existing entrance washroom / laundry room to be demolished
• New washroom / laundry room to be built on same site
• 60% larger
• Wheelchair accessible washroom and shower
• Much larger laundry room to accommodate growing program and staff needs
Price - $258,000 each
(Two units planned for Phase 1)
Rationale – The current dorms provide accommodation for a very limited season of late May through to early September. Our vision is to eventually replace the two existing dorms with a total of 6 chalets. These six chalets will be configured to serve effectively as dorm rooms during the core camping season. In the off season, they will provide winter accommodations for our expanding retreat / rental ministries.
• Each chalet has 4 bedrooms housing up to 24 campers / councillors.
• Functions for retreats/rentals as well as dorms (camps)
• Common living area
• All season – useful for rentals and retreats